ERG’s Sites have taken action
The health of our staff members, study participants and visitors is of utmost importance to us. Weeks ago, we took all action necessary to ensure everyone’s safety including following guidance from the CDC and National Institute of Health, and added even more preventative measures. These precautions include the use of masks and gloves, appropriate handwashing techniques, conducting Daily Visitor & Staff Health Screens including temperature checks, rescheduling appointments for anyone reporting flu-like symptoms and requiring that staff members not report to work if they are feeling ill. In addition to our rigorous cleaning processes, our locations implemented extensive environmental cleanings daily.
Information & education
The Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, has become a public health emergency and has been detected internationally as well as in the United States. Symptoms are similar to the flu and can include fever, coughing, body aches and problems breathing.
Safety Tips: The CDC has issued information on tips to keep you and your family protected during this outbreak.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. Use the crick of the elbow if tissues are not available.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Follow public health advice regarding school closures, avoiding crowds and other social distancing measures.
For more information, visit cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov